[AMRadio] Old X-Ray Gear High Voltage Available

Joe A. Taylor n4nas1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 20:02:28 EST 2006

   Hello Bill:

      As an old retired radiology tech and hosp. adm  I offer a few

   words of caution here.  The 10kv mentioned would likely be

   lower than actual rating.  A  30kv - 110kv would be typical  so

   these things are highly dangerous as far as high voltage is

   concerned.  I assume the federal requirement of removal of the

   x-ray tubes has been acomplished  as you really don't want the

   thing to work.......          smell the ozone....

     Finally...  the oil  of these are laced with PCBs and cannot be

   disposed of except through hazmat services...    yes I had one

   from a similar removal of old equipment  and it was a lot more

   trouble than it was worth for me.    Cost me a fortune to scrap

   it.

       Joe  N4NAS