[AMRadio] Old X-Ray Gear High Voltage Available

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Thu Dec 21 00:48:49 EST 2006

Joe,
  When the building went up for sale there was a Hazmat asessment done
that did not indicate a PCB problem. The testing was required
since it had been licensed as a radiological treatment facility. At one
time Radium was kept here also. Disposal of that was signed off by the
State authorities over 10 years ago.
   The tubes are of collectors interest only and would not be left in
the machines if removed.
  I was hoping someone like yourself might know of a collector or Museum
that would be interested.
The table and source mechanicals are a work of art and could be used
for milling or other light duty fabrication where a stable and
ballanced floating tool was needed.
   I thought if maybe the smaller HV transformer had a 220 pri then it
would be of a usable voltage at 110.
Will know more specs in a day  or so since I am now at the site.
THanks,
Bill,
KB3DKS/1