[AMRadio] HV Wire

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Dec 22 00:08:21 EST 2006

Foam is referring to the insulation between the center conductor and the
shield.

There has been a LOT of that produced for almost 20 years.

Instead of "decent" insulating material, polyurethane foam is used in
MANY manufacturer's coaxial cable.  That would even include Belden.

The  polyurethane foam insulation will NOT hold up to higher voltages.
This is especially true under AC HV.

Bob - N0DGN

--
                       Bob Bethman - NØDGN
|                    REAL Tube Radio and AM                        |
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
|         <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman/BC-610.html>          |
|   BC-61ØI w/BC-614I, T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I  '51 Collins R-390A   |
|  SP-600/NR Type 159, Heath DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
| Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8 - Megrez 80mm SD II     |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |
|   ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by Windows OneCare Live   |