[AMRadio] HV Wire

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Fri Dec 22 15:16:28 EST 2006

I'm with Bill on this one. Braided copper can be purchased as a sheath for
HV lines. Coax, you really don't have a good idea of what the insides look
like.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK

I don't have personal experience (and don't want any), but have heard horror
stories regarding the use of coaxial cable as high voltage wire.

Short answer: Don't do it!

Use fresh cable designed for the purpose.  If you are willing to experiment
with a potentially lethal configuration, at least route the wire away from
any exposed surfaces.   If it does let go at least it won't be through you.

73 de Bill, AB6MT
hbco2 at sbcglobal.net