[AMRadio] Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat Dec 23 20:56:48 EST 2006

Actually Ed, for the 6 meter perspective, at or near sunspot peak, you
can work the world on 6 meters. Working Europe on 6 meters over the last
several years during the summer months with Sporadic E, has been easy to
do. At or near peak of the cycle, develops a high ionized F2 layer,
facilitating world wide contacts on 6 meters. During the last peak, 20
meters was sometimes open 24 hours a day, and frequencies above 14 MHz
will be loaded with signals and lots of DX almost every day. 160 and 80
meters will tend to be a lot more noisier then during sunspot minimums.
40 meters will be a mixed bag but lots of great DX during the evening
hours.

Pete, wa2cwa