[AMRadio] HV Wire

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sat Dec 23 23:24:35 EST 2006

The electric "fencer" comes in two flavors, high impedance and low
impedance. I haven't a clue how they work as they just contain a potted
black box and some controls and leads.  The functional differences are
that one is faster and lower in voltage (roughly 1pps) and the other is
higher in voltage and slower about 1.5 spp.

In either case, keep in mind that they are high speed (fast rise times)
pulses and will put greater stress on the insulation. This is much
different from switching on a power supply.

The other thing I am interested in, along the same lines is the fact
that my main interest is getting 2kv AC from an outboard xformer, into
the cabinet and on to the 866 plate caps.  So all the discussion about
HVDC does not help me much.

js