[AMRadio] HV Wire

KA5MIR ars.ka5mir at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 10:12:08 EST 2006

Haven't messed with them in a long time, but the few I've worked with used an
autotransformer or coil where a battery or low voltage was connected across
the primary and the fence and a ground were connected across the secondary.
A relay supplied power to the coil until it was charged, (usually about a
second) and when the relay interrupted the primary, the collapsing field put
a big pulse of energy on the wire.  Same principle as the ignition system of
a vehicle ...and DC powered relay kickback.

Kent/KA5MIR