[AMRadio] "as the FCC intended"

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 10:24:11 EST 2006

Dave said -- I am making a New Year's resolution to
operate on these frequencies as the FCC intended.

I like that !  In other words, "Just doing what we are
told." That's an answer if we eventually get any guff
from no-traffic nets or whatever else may lay claim to
certain vacant spots.

Another thing that might be good strategy is to avoid
frequencies ending in zero or five.  It's the mark of
a good operator to avoid self-channelizing in order to
more clearly provide elbow room for nearby activity
off to a side.

It also makes it harder for latecomers uninvolved with
an existing QSO to zerobeat and "inadvertantly"
proceed as if they aren't hearing anything. I keep
telling you the carrier is an essential part of the
signal.

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to all.

Paul/VJB