[AMRadio] HV Wire

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Dec 24 13:53:49 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Jack,
> How far do you have to run the wire(s)?

Less than two feet.  I made a new dolly for the cabinet which now
extends about 8" out the back where the transformer will be bolted.

I just need to run the HV to some sort of terminal strip and then to the
plates of the 866's.  If the insulation is beyond concern, I could just
run the wires directly to the plate caps and forget about the term
strip.  They would rest on the tops of the caps or choke.

Another thing that is not clear to me is the center tap.   Does this
need to be the same sort of wire?  It has to go through the chassis and
connect to that node on the other side of the 10 ohm resistor.

js