[AMRadio] Forty and 80 meter AM freqs

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sun Dec 24 14:20:50 EST 2006

I understand that there has been some AM action on the new part of the phone
band on 75/80 meters - where should I look for activity these days?  I've got
some crystals from my novice days that could be used with some of my vintage
rockbound AM rigs, 3720, 3735, and the like.

Is the same migration happening on 40 meters?  I'm sure there are many others
like me who have crystals out there for 7130, 7140, etc that would do a great
job with the rocky-rigs on 40m.   Actually, this might a less-controversial
location for all AM activity - just thinking out loud - the range from 7125 -
7150 as the new AM zone.  No one else can claim the freqs after all.

I have a restored H-W Bandmaster Senior that needs testing on the air this
afternoon, anyone want to get on the old 40m novice band and give it a try?

Steve WD8DAS
Madison ,Wisconsin