[AMRadio] Old X-Ray Gear K4KYV

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Sun Dec 24 15:40:58 EST 2006

Don and all,
The room has sheet lead on all the walls and doors. The door to the larger machine has a crude string safety trip connected to the supply disconnect if the door is opened.
 There are hundreds of lbs of lead sheet in various sizes and shapes for peripherial screening and lead aprons and other coverings. The Doctor was an amazing person who, to my understanding, personally built these rooms. He was also a skilled chemist and optician.
  I will salvage what time allows of the usefull components.
 Thanks for the tip on the Autotran ! Had seen what I thought was that circuit but had not done any real checking.
  There are several other high voltage Quackery machines in pieces in the basement that also look good for radio related components. One appears to be a diathermy machine from at least the 20's with a marble top and strange large coils and transformers. There is , of course, one of the buzzer high voltage wart removing devices that outputs a nice 1/4 inch arc. I have one of those in a cylindrical form that accepts various shaped argon filled tubes or metal electrodes.
  Can just imagine the RF hash that these put out.
 Bill,
KB3DKS/1