[AMRadio] Forty and 80 meter AM freqs

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Dec 24 23:36:24 EST 2006

SBJohnston at aol.com wrote:

> I did as you are suggesting for an hour and a half this afternoon on 7130 kc
> with the Harvey-Wells TBS-50 and had no response of any kind.  Then I rigged
> up a VFO to it and snagged a short QSO right away on 7290.

I have no experience with AM on 40 as I don't have an antenna but it
seems to work on 80.  Tonight I called on 3880 for about ten minutes and
started talking about fishing and trolling and sitting back drinking
beer waiting for the poles to bounce as I was getting mighty tired of
saying CQ.

Eventually, I hooked WA3WBC and then the infamous Timtron.  I never
talked to him before and was not sure I ever wanted but he did not belch
once and I didn't have to lecture him on being gross.

We had a nice chat about Rangers and then he fell asleep or something
like that.

JACK K9ACT