[AMRadio] Old X-Ray Gear High Voltage Available

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Mon Dec 25 09:39:05 EST 2006

>BTW, I understand that prior to the early 60's, certain brake fluids
>contained PCB.  Probably a lot more leaked into the environment from
>automobiles than ever leaked from transformers and capacitors, but that is
>never mentioned by the media.
>
>Don, k4kyv
>
>SNIP

Hi Don:
I was a field Eng for G.E. Medical for 10 yrs guess how we changed the
sticks in those transformers. Yep stuck your arm down in the oil up past
your elbow pulled out the sticks checked them throw the bad ones in the
trash and put new ones in. Same with Breaks how did you bleed your brakes.
someone pumped them up you opened the cock and let the fluid fly out onto
the ground. and most of the time all over your hands . Guess i am one of
the luck ones my arms have not fell off and a lot of my friends still have
their fingers. Yes PCB's are bad But just how bad ? less then the EPA and a
few other 3 and 4 letter groups would like us to know. I was more worried
about the Cobalt source installs i was doing then a few PCB's but then
again when i was in Nam you heard about the same crap from the media about
us. (lord bless the media you have to love them and their ways of twisting
things to meet the ratings.) i always recall the words of that old song
"dirty bleach blond comes on at five . she tells about the car wreck with a
gleam in her eye" only two reporters i remember that were worth much was
Flynn and Payne sad to say neither made it out of country.
See you on the air always a great signal in Ky.
Merry Christmas
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573 SKCC #1227
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group