[AMRadio] New Year's Resolution-Getting Back on AM!

Bob Scupp k5sep at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 18:23:17 EST 2006

Jim-

Thank you for the warm welcome and information on AM
activity.

Actually I have subscribed to this and other similar
forums for a few months now. I am re-learning and
remembering much of what the discussions are by
subject. Thank goodness for a mother when I was much
younger with the following philosophy. "Robert, always
remember you are never too old to learn anything new."
At 56 years years old now I am thankful I grew up with
that type of positive reinforcement. That naturally
includes Amateur Radio.

Everyone with comments is always welcomed.

Actually I have a G5RV antenna. I seem to remember it
is for 10-80 meters. I was originally thinking of
using the tower I mentioned to hold the center feed of
an inverted V, with the broadsides facing
East-West(?). The ends would maybe about 15-20 feet
above ground. However, being out here in the country
with no strict municipal or other restrictions, I can
also experiment with other antennas.

I have never been on 160 meters. Sounds like another
band on AM to experiment with.

I agree with you in that the early predictions for
Cycle 24 looks like it is going to be a whooper!
Scientists are predicting a peak around 2010-2011 of
160 for a sunspot peak. I guess my timing is about
right on.

Again Jim thanks for the advice.

Bob K5SEP