[AMRadio] My Favorite Christmas Gift This Year

Stevan A. White w5saw at pathwayz.com
Mon Dec 25 14:07:55 EST 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To All!

Recently someone on the list asked what a good Christmas gift
suggestion would be.  Several of us suggested a subscription to
Electric Radio magazine.  I made that same suggestion to my family as
well.  I was hopeful...I watched the mailbox all month but nothing
came.  I thought to myself that I'd just place my order in a day or
two, after all, it was I who gave them the ordering information in
the first place.

We were opening presents together and I was quite surprised to open
up a small package with the December issue of Electric Radio!  I
learned that my two teenage sons (also hams) ordered it on the sly
several weeks ago.  As a contract engineer with an office at home,
I'm usually the one to get the mail, especially the week after
invoices go out.   One or the other of them casually intercepted the
mail every day to make sure it was a surprise.  Boy was it!

I learned that they each took a turn looking through it before
wrapping it and putting it under the tree.  I was told that it was
more interesting than they thought it would be.  Perhaps this is
their way of saying that they want to better understand the Old Man's
appreciation of Boat Anchors!

Best Regards,
Stevan A. White, W5SAW
Amarillo, Texas 79102