[AMRadio] PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ham Radio

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Mon Dec 25 23:53:56 EST 2006

This seems like a good time to start putting together a Radio web page
so I have featured my current "station" as a Photo of the Week.

The POW started out as the Astro Photo of the Week but after about ten
years of that I sort of used up the sky.  I then started posting
pictures of a General Science nature and every now and then do a story
on one of my other hobbies.

This week's POW is for general consumption but there is a "Radio" link
to more details on what I am doing.  I will be adding some other
interesting stuff as soon as I can get to it.

It will no doubt come as a surprise but my uncle Gilbert Schmidling
invented not only the fluorescent light but also the first working
cathode ray tube usable for TV.  I have some really neat old magazine
articles and photos that I will put up to support this seemingly
preposterous notion.

BTW, in the meantime, who does the world at large think invented these
things?

JACK K9ACT

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Radio, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com