[AMRadio] Forty and 80 meter AM freqs

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 06:34:47 EST 2006

Jack Schmidling wrote:
> I hate to be a creep but I find it hard to believe that I am the only
> one who finds your crystal peddling here just a bit tiresome and
> probably in violation of the group charter.
>
> It is one thing to offer personal gear for sale but you are clearly
> promoting a business here and it should be done in private email.

Jack, since you're new here, this indiscretion will probably go
un-commented on.

But, let me warn you... if someone gets a hold of this thing because it
just 'struck them wrong' then there's fixing to be a fire-storm, for
your comments and it ain't gonna be from me.  Get your asbestos suit
out! ;-)

In the future, before you just blurb these things out, here are 3 simple
rules to remember about the AM Reflector mailing list;

#1) This list is -for- the Amateurs who like and enjoy technical
discussion about Old Radio.

#2) This list server space is provided by QSL.net

#3) This is was setup for -us- old radio enthusiasts through QSLnet by
W5AMI.  If you have a problem with content on the list, go see Brian.
Don't put it on the list for open controversy.  Brian moderates this
list and he does a damn fine job of it.

We've -been- through the AF4K (and others) issue of 'selling' items on
the list.  Talk to Brian/W5AMI for more details on what the whole of the
group said about it.

That's about it from me.

Careful with what you say 'on' the list.  To be honest, Jack... your
comment of

> It is one thing to offer personal gear for sale but you are clearly
> promoting a business here and it should be done in private email.

should have been sent to AF4K in direct mail, and not sent to the list.
When comments are solicited, -then- you can put it on the list.

Did you know that the AM Reflector mailing list has been in place, and
serving AM-minded hams, since the mid/late 1990's?
We've pretty much -been- through anything you can think of.

Let Brian/W5AMI do his job.  He does it well.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR