[AMRadio] Intermittent Filament Pin

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:01:14 EST 2006

I agree about the soclets.
I just fought a battle with a modulator using PP 811. Seems like other time I
fired it up one of the 811s would be dark. Repeated 'fiddling with the socket'
made it reliable - at least for now. HI.

But on the chance it is actually an intermittant connection at the filament
lead, I would remove the base and 'brighten' the lead with steel wool or
sandpaper before soldering.

de KA4JVY

Mark