[AMRadio] SP-600

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 27 22:32:44 EST 2006

Yup, I'm right. According to The Book Of Words, "The Vernier Dial has an
arbitrary 0 to 100 scale".   So it is an accurate "logging scale" only.  You
use it and the main scale to generate an arbitrary logging number with which
you can reset to a previous frequency with reasonable accuracy.

Ed, VA3ES

Ed, VA3ES wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the right-hand dial isonly a logging scale,
and not calibrated to anything.  But I could be wrong.  I have a JX-17
manual here. Let me go gaze upon it, and report back.

Ed, VA3ES

Rick Brashear  sez:
Can someone tell me a few things about the SP-600/JX-17 mechanical
alignment?  On mine, the left dial seems to be pretty close to accurate,
but the band spread or right dial is way off.  Since they turn together
and the right one is attached to the variable, how can I get the left
one right on the money and bring the right one in sync?  I tried looking
through several manuals and I am too dumb to understand or they are not
telling me.  I fear it is the first reason...