[AMRadio] Crystals, was... Forty and 80 meter AM freqs

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 10:15:31 EST 2006

Jack Schmidling wrote:
> Peterson Radio
> 2735 Avenue A
> Council Bluffs, IA 51501

It's my understanding that Mr. Peterson, for failing health reason has,
in the last year, shut down operations.

How recently have you purchased crystals from Peterson?

I, too, have bought crystals from AF4K/Brian and at $9.oo per and $4.oo
shipping, $40.oo was enough to get me 3.870, 3.880, 3.890 and 7.290Mc
crystals.  Brian and I don't see eye-to-eye on many issues.  Personal
issues aside, I can -not- detract his ability to provide boat-anchor
enthusiasts with hard-to-find, and sometime very rare 'unobtainium'.  I
find his service completely acceptable.

Don Merz provides a similar service.

While I'm at it, and this observation is from someone who 'officially'
has no input on how the list runs (other than the respected opinion of a
member - Thanks to W5AMI for having the ability to listen *and* hear
members requests) I would like to point out, and remind those who wish
to partake of those list members who offer items for sale, that the
negotiation for offered items should occur 'off-list'.

A rather detracting habit from some list-members has been to request
'one specific part' in a whole raft of pieces offered, and then not
remove anything that isn't pertinent to what they want.  *MY* opinion
is, the best option for all concerned is that if a piece offered is
desired, then reply to the original poster off-list.  Not only does it
reduce unnecessary and non-technical discussion from the list, it also
keeps the on-going archive a lot cleaner.  A simple solution, as far as
I'm concerned.

If anyone is still with me after that lengthy diatribe (*grinz*)  How
many of us are planning on participating on the Special AM Event that is
set to occur this weekend?  The event marks the 100th anniversary of Dr.
Feseden's 'discovery' of Amplitude Modulation.  It is my understanding
that several special event stations all over the county, and the world
will be participating in this momentous occasion.
--
73, etc...
-Geoff/W5OMR