[AMRadio] "Heavy Metal Night"

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 06:59:31 EST 2006

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:

> Hey John, explain "big egos"!  I have little transmitters, and big
> transmitters.  Does that mean I have a little ego and and a big ego?
>
> Thanks.

It's the guys, Brian, that listen around with their receivers and hear
stations like K4KYV who has painstakingly spent literally hundreds of
hours building his rig,  and making sure the antenna is correct, and the
feed-line between the two are ok, and here's Don out there calling CQ
with his big, strapping, strong signal, and here's  Johnny Novice ham,
WN5QRM with a rice-box, running too much carrier for the audio, a G5RV
compromise antenna that's only 25' off the ground and semi-lossy coax to
feed it, who -then- has the attitude of "Well, I can hear YOU just fine,
so you -SHOULD- be able to hear ME just fine!

That, my friend, is the -little rig - Big Ego- attitude.

--
73