[AMRadio] Thank You and Toroidal transformers

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Dec 29 07:56:00 EST 2006

My guess is the hardline will work fine without
any matching, most Pi nets will match it fine.
I also don't like toroids or baluns on AM,
high power (or even medium power) AM tends to overload
and/or cook anything like traps or baluns in short order.
Many antennas rated for 2kw plus pep crap out with 100
watts of AM on them....

I blew out traps in a trapped dipole and in a vertical
antenna with a DX100 (100 watts out).

Brett
N2DTS