[AMRadio] Thank You and Toroidal transformers

Donald Sanders w4bws at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 16:56:26 EST 2006

Pete, Amidon make a 1:1/4:1 Balun kit with the toroid and wire included.
Other wise you need info from the ARRL book on "UNUNS' which covers unbal to
unbal baluns. My 6146 final will load into 75 ohms well but some of the
solid state finals may have a problem Of course if you make the feedline a
multiple of a 1/2 wave the impedance doesn't matter. It will reflect the
antenna impedance at the transmitter end. I believe that is a multiple of a
1/2 wave times the velocity factor.

Healthfully yours,
                          Don W4BWS