[AMRadio] Heavy Metal Survey

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sat Dec 30 23:46:57 EST 2006

Jack, given the band conditions I won't venture a guess.  I
will say that because of both the conditions and the strong
signals it managed to stop some of the SSB interference.

Should many of the stations get on the air regularly, others
who like to get up close with their aflack noise would
rethink that strategy.  I could not hear stations within
300-400 miles of me, but those beyond that were very good
copy over riding the interference.

At one time, I found 5 different conversations on different
frequencies, so I would say the night has been a success and
welcomed.

Jim
W5JO