[AMRadio] Heavy Metal Survey

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Dec 31 08:30:33 EST 2006

Jim Wilhite wrote:

> At one time, I found 5 different conversations on different frequencies,
> so I would say the night has been a success and welcomed.

I found it a great opportunity to wring out my brand new S38B receiver.

I bought it in the morning and spent hours putzing with it.  I rigged up
an A/B  switch so I could compare it directly with the TS430 and must
say, I was mightily impressed with it.

Did not need Heavy Metal night to hear stations with it.  In fact, there
was a single instance of a case where light copy on the S38 got
significantly better on the 430.

Got some questions about it but I will start another thread for that.

JACK K9ACT