[AMRadio] creep

Jay Rusgrove JRusgrove at comcast.net
Sun Dec 31 11:06:26 EST 2006

>Don't mean to be a creep again but wouldn't it be interesting to know
>how many of the folks ("big egos with big rigs tromping Rangers") last
>night, with the capability to run illegal power, didn't or never do?

Jack

There has always been hams that run illegal power in an attempt to gain a competitive edge. Of
course, they are just fooling themselves with hollow 'accomplishments'.

Then there are hams that are careful to stay within the legal power limit and have better than
average radio locations and antennas. Egos aside, these guys make real 'accomplishments' within the
letter of the law.

You're right...a barefoot Ranger to a limited space antenna will not be competetive. In America
equal opportunity is guaranteed...not equal outcome.

Jay W1VD