[AMRadio] creep

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 31 11:27:34 EST 2006

Not to mention the fact that Canadians can,
and do run 1000W plus, legally.

Just ask Al, VE3AJM

Ed, VA3ES

Brian / w5ami wrote:
Jack, to just assume that one of us using a "Heavy metal" rig "might",
or "could", or "does" run illegal power is a slap in the face to the
many folks here that have been answering your weekly, or sometimes
daily questions...

There are a lot of BIG, heavy transmitters out there that won't do any
more than a couple a hundred watts carrier.  I know one guy that
actually downsized the iron in his REALLY big (3000lbs+) to make
certain he can remain legal.

I think it's time to stop the recent flurry of criticism of AM'ers, in
particular those who have big rigs.  It seems we have enough enemies
on the air already, and we sure don't need to be critical of our own.