[AMRadio] Heavy Metal Night

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 13:34:32 EST 2006

Ed Sieb wrote:
> Sigh...
>
> I didn't know where to look, so I hung around the low end around 3700.
> Heard nada but constesters.  The odd time that I listened above at 3885, I
> heard nothing.  Must have been a lull in the proceedings!
> Bah!
>
> Ed, VA3ES

Ed, you gotta be kidding, man...

 From 7:30pm CST until 23:45 CST while I was driving down the highway,
there were signals on 3.8.60, 3.865, 3.870, 3.875, 3.880, 3.885 and I'm
sure at one time, there were QSO's up on 3.890Mc.

There were stations down at 3.830 and I didn't go below that, because
#1) the Q on the bugcatcher is higher'n a cat's back when frightened,
#2) it wasn't one of the 'posted' frequencies (a message that came
through the Reflector a few days before the event).

I heard calls I haven't heard in a long time, and I heard calls that
I've never heard at all, and there were callsigns that were missing from
the armada of Tall Ships that were sailing on the Radio Waves!

I think once a year is kinda neat... but no one spoke of celebrating the
100th anniversary of the first Voice spoken over the airwaves (Reginald
Fesseden, December of 1906).

I didn't get a chance to listen to 160m either (see reason #1 above) in
that 4 hour drive home, but I heard reports that it was busy down there,
as well.

Did ANYone work any 40m?

--
73, etc