[AMRadio] WTB Tubes

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 21:21:16 EST 2006

Jim Candela wrote:

>> 14  12AX7 $45 ea
>>

> Is this a typo?
>
> Jim
> JKO

good grief, I hope so!

hey, Jim! Where were you?

I fired up a little after 4pm, and instantly had Bob/W1PE up in the D/FW
area come back.  After Bob, was Sammy/W5DPP over in Bryan, TX.  then
Lynn/K5LYN in Bastrop,  TX.  and as Lynn was breaking in, there was
almost a double wtih Yogie/KC5MIP in South San Antonio, TX breaking in.

Literally, in 2 minutes, 3.880Mc went from quietly semi-noisy to a group
of 5.

By the time I got out, there was also K5KZQ/Duey in Austin, W5KGZ/Perry
in Beaumont and W5DWP/Wayne in Vidor, TX.

5-land (at least Texas) is *alive* with AM!

Where was K5IZ?  Why haven't I heard that call on the air, yet?

;-)

Oh, well... maybe *next year*.

Happy New Year, y'all!
Welcome 2007, and 73 to 2006.