[AMRadio] FCC & AM

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 2 13:56:05 EST 2006

Cory,

   Do the FCC rules & regulations depend on a stations
political affiliation? Sure, Air America stations
often fall under the category of "low budget", but it
seems to me that any station should be required to
adhere to a minimum broadcasting standard as set by
the FCC. This station KOKE seems to be worst in terms
of broadcasting (content is another topic best said in
another forum) that I have ever heard. Just today I
pushed the button in the car, and there was dead air
for 10's of seconds at a time with occasional pops of
voice. Maybe they are doing voice over ip with a dial
up modem connection. What voice I heard was distorted,
and splattered up and down the band at least +/- 20
Khz.

Regards,
Jim