[AMRadio] Re: Cross mode USB to AM 7290

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Feb 3 12:04:34 EST 2006

Greetings all,
Just finished a good, albeit noise laden QSO with Tim W3TIM
in Culpepper, VA. I was running USB on my Kenwood TS-820
and Tim was tunning 10 watts with an Icom rig, on 7290.

We had a good chat about Broadcast transmitters and modifications
thereto, and had S5 (Tim) and S7 (Jim) signals not bad as the noise
(QRN) is quite high this time of day. Tim reported my CW signal to
get his attention, was louder (more readable).

Our discussion of broadcast rigs centered around, mods to get on
three bands 160/80/40 with the standard broadcast rig.

And a good time was had by all.
Jim
WB2FCN