[AMRadio] Grandpa's Radio ?

UVCM INC uvc1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 4 11:06:32 EST 2006

Paul,

Thanks for your comments, I have made several posts to the web with little
response.
I am one of the younger AM operators (in my mid 40's) but have been in love
with the building, restoring and collecting of tube radios for over 30
years.
I think the future is learning from our past.
I do believe in change (The Only Thing Constant in Life Is Change) I welcome
new modes of communications, but don't sweep AM under the rug, or take our
rights away to use high quality transmitters with narrow bandwidth.
WE ARE NOT APPLIANCE OPERATORS.
As stated last night on the news, we are lagging behind the rest of the
would in turning out new engineers. We need to keep innovation going. We are
some of those innovators.
I hold several patents in modern products on the market, one of them kills
bird flu and other airborne and waterborne diseases,
Where one of the major improvements came from was my 866 rectifiers in my
Johnson 500.
My ham radio help start a industry that has saved many lives and countless
suffering. Strange twist but true.
Why does the FAA still use AM? Our aviation industry depends on AM to keep
our people safe and we have the best safety record in the world. AM should
be eliminated as some would say ? HUMM.

Paul if you think my comments on track and the FCC and ARRL should read them
let me know and where to post them.

Thanks for listening
Brad KB7FQR