[AMRadio] FCC and AM on the BC band

Ken Zuercher hepcatrevival at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 01:18:57 EST 2006

Sorry I just got around to reading this for a reply.
The prime cause of wierdness in programming and
quality is that there is rarely anyone minding the
store at Commercial stations, especially AM. The
stations are being run by computers, Usually windows
machines that are riddled with bugs. The engineers are
like me, a contractor that isn't on staff and only
called in ocassionally. Thing happen to the systems
and you get dead air, multiple sources on the air,etc.
I also think that political commentary doesn't belong
on this or any other ham radio list. Considering that
90% of the AM talkers are of the right wing variety,
comments about Air America should be best kept to one
self. Not all of us think alike and that's a very good
thing. If we did, we all would have only rice box
rigs.
Ken KC8QO