[AMRadio] Great resource for anal homebrewers!

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Wed Feb 8 11:53:09 EST 2006

I like my homebrew projects to look as professional as possible. One
difficulty in achieving the "commercial" look has been fabricating the
front panel. An electric drill, a can of spray paint and a Dymo label
maker just doesn't do it when you're as, umm, "particular" as I am.

Well, I've found a terrific resource for folks like me.  It's a company
that offers front panel machining and finishing services plus free CAD
software to design your own.  They may also be useful for restorers who
wish to replicate a front panel from the days of yore.

The U.S. website is at: http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

This outfit, based in Seattle, is a subsidiary of a German company.
Their website is more amply illustrated than the U.S. counterpart and is
worth visiting:

http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de/index.php?&option=com_frontpage&Itemid=205&lang=en

Have fun. Now you can stop borrowing your buddy's expensive Greenlee
punches.

73,

Craig
W3CRR