[AMRadio] FS: restored Gonset G-76

W3CRR w3crr at aerialacts.com
Wed Feb 8 14:16:12 EST 2006

Hmmm.  Well, it was working okay the last time I checked it.  I could,
of course, blame UPS, as is the fashion -- HOWEVER, I believe I re-tubed
the radio as a courtesy to you just before I boxed it up (no good deed
goes unpunished). :-) .  It's possible that a tube or two is bad --
especially if they're JAN Philips types, which are occasionally
incompatible with their civilian counterparts. Then again, I could have
installed a wrong tube or swapped sockets.  (Someday I'll tell you about
the time I swapped rectifier and audio output tubes at 2 A.M. after a
rebuild). I should have re-checked the transceiver before shipping. I
apologize.

I'll see if I can find the original tubes or new civilian ones and send
them to you.

In any case, I'll be happy to repair the rig or refund your money, Dan.
But -- it DOES look nice, doesn't it? :-)

VY 73,

Craig
W3CRR