[AMRadio] Re: FS: restored Gonset G-76

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Feb 8 17:07:21 EST 2006

Can't comment on the stock G-76 or it's audio, but the triode connection on
the 6DQ6 modulators is a perfectly valid & workabel, if uncommon and poorly
documented, mode of operation.

I have used such a connection with 6146's - audio input to screen grids,
with control grids either grounded or just a few volts negative - in an
Apache, and a Viking I (which can be heard on the east coast every Tuesday
nite on the Gray Hair Net on 1.945 MHz), and in this mode the tubes are
capable of much cleaner audio than they ever would be connected as
beam-power tetrodes. The downside is they require more drive.

73,
 -Larry/NE1S