[AMRadio] power ratings

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:32:37 EST 2006

>From: "Mike Dorworth,K4XM" <k4xm at arczip.com>

>The total power pulled from power supply determines
>effeciency. A low level and linear consumes less power for same carrier
>power. See some KW mobile rigs from years ago.
>also I remember WCKY had 500,000 watts modulated carrier ( 2 megawatts pep)
>and it was from a LINEAR!...

I never heard of WCKY running super power.  WLW ran something like that just
before WW2.  They used plate modulation, not linear.  Most of that
transmitter is still at the transmitter site - the  stuff is too big and
heavy to move out without demolishing the building.

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/