[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:41:12 EST 2006

>My understanding was.
>Under the old rules stage or stages, that provide output to the antenna,
>total power should not exceed 1000 watts DC input.  This includes the sum
>of
>the driver and final in the case of GG output circuit.
>I think that rule was tested.

I recall that was the rule.  But it seems to me it was much ado about
nothing.  At most, the feedthrough power would be 10% of the total output
power.  How much signal strength gain could you get from increasing your
power 10%?

Of course, back in those days the FCC was very nitpicky about the ham rules,
as they still are with broadcast stations.  But they have shifted to the
opposite approach with ham radio.  Riley's efforts have rooted out the
rottenest of the apples, but I suspect ham radio enforcement is still pretty
low on the FCC's priority list, as long as the violations don't cause
interference to other radio services.

Since they changed the power rule, I have never heard of a SINGLE case of a
ham receiving a citation for running too much p.e.p.

Don K4KYV

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/