[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 22:07:35 EST 2006

>But that high-level balanced modulator loophole was the
>reason that the FCC went for the PEP measurement
>technique in 1990.  Theoretically, one could have used
>a modulator from a 500,000 watt broadcast station on a
>1KW upside-down tube final, and it would have been
>legal.  They couldn't have that!  Darn it...

They could have gone with average (mean) power output, as read with a 0.25
second time-constant meter, and the power limit would have been relevant to
the actual signal strength, regardless of mode.  That way we would have a
level playing field.

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/