[AMRadio] W3PHL

Glenn Laser glaser at erols.com
Sun Feb 19 07:34:41 EST 2006

Hi group I am Glenn W3WTE
At the age of 12 I lived about 3 blocks from W3PHL in Springfield. Wow
what a antenna and I never met the man. Just imagine what happened when
he came on the air and my Ocean Hopper was turned on. Every once in a
while I could hear the station he was in QSO with. He was not popular
with the neighborhood and people always said you don't want in that
hobby; just see what you will do. I did QSO with him about 4 or 5 years
later when I lived in Pittsburgh using my Globe Scout. Always wanted to
know what happened to him and I did received the 2 meter repeater once
in a while when we lived near Annapolis.
Thanks for the memories and in no way mean this, to be a negative comment.
73 Glenn