[AMRadio] Re: W3PHL

Bob Bruhns bbruhns at erols.com
Sun Feb 19 14:49:06 EST 2006

I helped K3GKB Jesse lay the foundation for the
tool shed that housed the PARA repeater at the
W3PHL tower back in the early-mid 70s.

After leveling the cement, we climbed up to the
top of the tower to look around.  The tower -was-
like scaffolding, and it had a stairway going back
and forth, all the way up.  The full size rotating
40 meter beam was awesome.  I forget now whether
it had two or three elements.  I think it was
three.

>From later comments, I don't think that Fred was
expecting the repeater shack to be so big, or so
permanent.

  Bacon, WA3WDR