[AMRadio] Globe King questions

Robert Nickels w9ran at oneradio.net
Sun Feb 19 15:25:40 EST 2006

W5OMR/Geoff wrote:

> Man, check with Mike/WA5CMI.  He has -completely- restored his GK-500,
> and has worked on many more.

Thanks Geoff and Dennis -  I found it.   Actually I saw this Globe King
in his garage in San Antonio before Gary K5JWK sold it to him, and it
was every bit the rusty mess Mike's photos indicate.  Mike just did a
fantastic job!   It looks like WRL reversed the clips that go in the end
of the bleeder resistor, I'll see if I can find some holes that line up now.

Also looking for modulator mods for the GK500 or advice on same , thanks.

 73,
Bob W9RAN