[AMRadio] 4H4 Ballast

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 22:52:04 EST 2006

It appears that I have found the problem in my HRO60.  I turned it on one
day last week and all I could hear was floor noise.  I couldn't even hear
the xtal calibrator and all drawers(bands) were the same.  After much poking
and prodding and tube testing, come to find out the 4H4 has a broken
filament wire, which means that the HF oscillator and the mixer aren't
getting any filament volts.  Now I need a replacement 4H4.  Anyone have a
spare they would be willing to part with?  I have a 7H4B but when I plugged
it in I get 12VAC out to the mixer and HF osc filaments.  My HF Oscillator
tube 6C4 is really weak so I need one of them too.

Help would be appreciated.

Bob  W6TR  Florida