[AMRadio] 1930's Old Buzzard Open Rack Transmitter Finally Sees

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:35:04 EST 2006

FB on the open rack adventure, Larry - and congrats.

I listened in a bit on Sunday and heard many stations calling you on
40. Couldn't hear you at my place though, too close I guess. Except
for one brief moment when I heard you responding or calling someone,
loud and clear, then silence. 2 and 3-Landers galore, with some weaker
4s and others.

Along the lines of open rack rigs: remember the one in the upstairs
museum room that you and Bruce looked at? Was looking it over last
week and best I can tell, it has no modulator! Strictly a CW only rig
for 40/80. And it doesn't look like there's room to add one. Maybe
outboard?

Sounded as though you had a good time in the corntest. It's nice to
hear actual information conveyed instead of the more typical "you're
59, please repeat..." crap. Nice signals, too.

73, Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ