[AMRadio] 1930's Old Buzzard Open Rack Transmitter Finally Sees

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Feb 21 16:08:05 EST 2006

What is the difference between a T55 and an 812/812A?
I know a V70D is good for more power, but has different filament voltages...

I think I have some T55 tubes, never knew they would do as 812 substitutes.
I thought they looked lower power (smaller plates).

The amount of turns on the link coil impacts what you can load up to a LOT.
I made my own link for the 812a rig, and had to try various link turns
before
it loaded up right.  I have the series cap also, and that does change how
the
rig loads up, but does not seem to change the efficiency or anything else.

At 1500 or more volts, I run the 811a's at zero bias, the 812A's run 340ma
cathode current, 70 ma grid drive, 275 watts out with no color on the
plates.
The 812A's get fixed and LOADS of grid leak bias...

I have tried 811A's in the RF deck, they seemed to work just the same as
the 812A,s.....

Good deal on getting the old rig running!

Brett
N2DTS