[AMRadio] 1930's Old Buzzard Open Rack Transmitter Finally Sees

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Tue Feb 21 21:33:43 EST 2006

CONGRADULATIONS A JOB WELL DONE!
	I really like the choice of tubes.  I don't know what a T55 is but
probably one of the special Taylor triodes with 55 watts plate dissipation.
Probably not a lot different than the 812s but I know that the 812s are very
good tubes to use in a class C plate modulated rig especially if used with
100% grid leak bias or the configuration that Don, K4KYV, uses where there
is a safety bias supplied thru a diode and the diode becomes reversed biased
when RF drive causes grid leak bias.  The 100% Grid leak bias DOES make a
difference in the modulation characteristics of the rig.
John, WA5BXO