[AMRadio] 1930's Old Buzzard Open Rack Transmitter Finally

crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Tue Feb 21 22:07:21 EST 2006

My 1937 Jone Radio handbook says that a T-55 has 55 watt plate dissipation,
typical 1500 vdc plate voltage with -180 vdc grid bias, max. Ip is 150 mA,
max. Ig is 30 mA.10 watts RF  in, 170 watts RF out for 225 in.7.5 VAC @3.25
on filament. The 811A is 65 watts plate dissipation, the difference in the
811A and the 812 is that the 811A is zero bias and the 812A needs -110 vdc
bias. Power out of the 811/812 is 130 to 150 watts.
811A/812A info from 1970 ARRL Handbook.
                                 Joe W4AAB