[AMRadio] Collins 20V-3 for sale

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 24 16:00:23 EST 2006

I am selling my 20V-3 Collins broadcast transmitter. It has been modified to
transmit on 75M. It uses a pair or 4-400As in the final modulated with
another pair. I removed the oscillator section including the crystals and
use a Hallicrafters HA-5 VFO to drive the second RF stage. I have installed
a one button PTT which switches the antenna to the transmitter, keys the VFO
and mutes the receiver. The transmitter will run at 3 power levels; 375,
750, 1100 watts output to the antenna. Power selection is achieved with a
pair of Jennings RJ-1 vacuum relays.  All of the tubes test OK. The plate
transformer is from Peter Dahl and it runs 3200VDC. I am asking $3000 for
the transmitter FOB at my QTH here in Valrico FL. The transmitter is fully
operational. I can send additional pics for those interested. The cosmetics
are really great. I also will supply a manual, all mods, and schematic.
Thanks for reading.

Bob W6TR