[AMRadio] WTB: lamp holders

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Sun Feb 26 15:09:06 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Edward B Richards wrote:

> I am looking for 2 (maybe 4) matching lamp holders of the type that mount
> on a front panel and illuminate the meter below. They should be hooded
> except for an opening at the bottom. I have seen them on military gear.
> Thanks.

   They're available at most aircraft supply houses - here, for example:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/el/instrumentlighting.html

  and you're looking for Whelen Lamps - but put your coffee down before you
look at the prices...

   Also these turn up surplus on scrapped instrument panels -

  Surplus Sales of Nebraska has Grimes lampholders listed:

http://www.surplussales.com/Bulbs-Incan-Panel/PanelLamp.html

   Again, a tad pricey, and you'll have to put a 327 in them.

  BTW: Google is your Friend!!

Cheers

John  KB6SCO