[AMRadio] April 1st already or a misprint

W2AGN w2agn at pobox.com
Tue Feb 28 18:12:08 EST 2006

TChesek at Epix.Net wrote:

>[Or to put it more succintly. "There's a sucker born very mnute."]
>That is what W2AGN had to say about the people buying the AC-1's. Well...I
>just took a look at W2AGN's shack picutres at his web site. Based on the ton
>of junk there it looks like he speaks from experience! hi hi

Actually, much of the "ton of junk" was acquired quite reasonably. Much
was new back in the 60's and 70's, and was "inherited" or was stuff I
had back then. The GPT-750 I purchased in 1973, for $350.00. Not a bad
value per pound. But $300-400 for an AC-1? I don't think so. Heck, I got
a Heath AT-1 just a couple years ago for $75.00. Oh yes, and a Davco
DR30 receiver for the same price. It just takes careful shopping, and
not depending on eBay.

--
  / \   / \   / \   / \   / \   John L. Sielke